I attempted to record three times in the past few days, and have failed at it. I just haven't been feeling like talking in front of a camera these days. My mood is SO off lately that I think to myself, why force myself to film when I simply don't want to? Besides, I don't think you'd be able to understand me even if I posted it because my voice was so soft and my neighbors were being a total bother. I really don't think I'll have the time to record this whole week so I'm just going to completely skip recording this video and go straight to blogging it. Typing my thoughts is way easier than having to edit a video anyway. Hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless!
For the month of June, the items that I've accumulated are mainly beauty items. I've been pretty strict with spending my money on makeup, but It's only when I completely run out that I head on over to Target, Ulta or Sephora to fulfill my makeup needs.
1. Fiorelli Tote bag. My Auntie from London came down to visit the first week of June and she brought along a few bags with her. This is 1/3 of the bags and I got first dibs, lol. This tote bag really spoke to me. It's really simple (just the way I like practically..EVERYTHING) and I've been wanting a tote bag for so long! I've had Madewell's tote bag on my "Wants" bookmark for a few months now and unfortunately, I can't afford it. (Wah!) This Fiorelli Tote Bag definitely makes up it! It's really sturdy and it fits my 13 inch Macbook Pro which is awesome! My favorite part about this bag is the gold plated accents on the envelope clutch pocket because it adds a hint of sophistication to it.
2. Semikolon pen. Hi, I'm Char and I'm a pen hoarder. I just LOVE pens. I purchased this pen at Blick and it was a total splurge. $35 and I don't regret it at all. I also bought the matching notebook which was supposed to be on this June Favorites list, but didn't have time to draw/paint it. Anyway, I write practically everyday (in my new awesome Semikolon notebook.) From To-Do Lists, typography and just notes and ideas for future projects of mine. The pens that I've used in the past were very inexpensive and I'm not sure if it has to do with the pressure I add when I write, but the ink from the pen just doesn't always come out the way it should. So I'm really glad I purchased this pen because I now don't have that problem and writing with this pen just flows so nicely! It's a heavy pen, but it doesn't bother me at all. If you're into writing, you should definitely try and invest in a pen because it will last you for a long time.
3. Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer. This foundation is AH-MAY-ZING. I should've known since Stila's liquid eyeliner is my ultimate fave! I got it in the shade Honey, which I think is a tad bit light for me, but when I add my bronzer and blush it's really not noticeable. I haven't used the concealer enough to rave about it, but above the cap you pop it open for the concealer along with a tiny mirror. When you take the whole cap off, there lies another cap for the foundation itself. And then comes my favorite part. It comes with a handy dandy scooper! If you use liquid foundation, the ones that usually come in a glass bottle either has a pump or has nothing at all. If anything I much prefer the pump but this scooper surpasses everything. When you think you've ran out of foundation, you kind of forget about all the product that is left around the bottle and the corners. You can use the scooper to get every bit of foundation. I think you get your moneys worth with just that simple tool. Stila is my homegirl ;)
4. Benefit's Porefessional. I really don't understand why it took me so long! This easily became my new holy grail product of 2014, hands down. I have large pores and unfortunately, it may be genetic so I really can't do much about it. But I can use a product like Porefessional to reduce the appearance of it when I'm out in public, so Woo! Before this, I've been using NYX's Pore Filler which was okay at first but over time, it just stopped doing it's job. Porefessional is oil free and applies on silky smooth. When I apply this on before my foundation, I feel that it sets it so well and even makes blending it so much easier.
5. Wet N Wild matte lipstick in 'Bare It All'. I've always been a fan of Wet N Wild's matte lipsticks. But nude lipsticks, not so much. Bare it All is a exception though, because I think it looks nice with my skin tone. I like to use this underneath a darker shade of lipstick to create a nice ombre effect for my lips. Lately, I've been applying Bare it All all over my lips and then dabbing on Revlon's lipstick in Crimson at the center/edges of my lips and blending it out. It's such a nice everyday look in my opinion.
So that is all for my June Favorites! I know it's probably not as entertaining as my Youtube videos, but hopefully I'll be able to continue recording these videos by the end of July. Which by the way, Happy July loves!
Is there anything that you've been loving for the month of June? Let me know in the comments below I'd love to read about them! :)